MANULIFE BANKING. GET MORE FOR YOUR MONEY
Does your bank pay you
and no fees?
* .85 % Business Advantage Account
Get more for your money
With a high interest rate of 1.25%* and no minimum deposit, Manulife Bank’s Advantage Account can help you save more and reach your goals faster.
*As at Feb.05, 2015 a variable annual interest rate of 1.25% is applied to all funds in the account.
Business Advantage Account
Put your money to work
Manulife Bank’s Business Advantage Account works alongside your current operating account and provides a premium rate of 1.00% interest on your money. And that’s not all:
- Your money is never locked in
- There are no monthly account maintenance fees
- Free internet and telephone banking makes it easy to transfer money between your operating account and Business Advantage Account
Do you have a plan for debt elimination?
When most people think about retirement planning, they think of building a retirement nest-egg through RRSPs and pension plans. While these are key pieces of the puzzle, it’s important not to forget about another important element of retirement planning – debt elimination. After all, the less you spend on interest payments, the more you can allocate to your retirement savings.
A debt-elimination plan doesn’t have to be complicated. But you should have one or you’ll likely be in debt longer than you have to. There are a few simple strategies for getting out of debt sooner, such as:
- Building extra debt payments into your budget.
- Consolidating all of your debts at the lowest rate possible.
- Using your income and savings to automatically reduce your debt (without giving up access to that money).
Consolidate Your debts
If you have sufficient equity built up in your home, consider switching to a product that allows you to access your equity, such as a home-equity line-of-credit. Then, use this line of credit to repay your higher-interest loans. In this way, you’ll be bringing all of your debts together into a single account, at a single rate.
When you’re planning for retirement, don’t forget about the impact that your debt has on those plans. With a strategy for becoming debt-free sooner, you may even be able to retire earlier than expected. I’d be happy to help you develop a debt-elimination strategy that complements your overall retirement savings strategy.
Give us a call if you’d like to discuss how you can be debt-free sooner.
» Click here for more information.
* Banking products and services are offered through referrals.